Saturday, January 18, 2014

full of thanks

Today I am thankful.

Thankful that God is beyond my pronouncement that “I am out of grace”[1].
Thankful that despite these past moments/days/weeks/years I am loved just as I am.
Thankful that I am too loved to be left as I am.

Today I am thankful.

Thankful for the sun and the cool weather.
Thankful for tears and laughter and the ability to feel.
Thankful for wise words and friends that are willing to simply be.
Thankful for phone calls, texts, and trees.
Thankful for water and food.
Thankful for God’s provision and even God’s timing.

Today I am thankful…
…and I am finding amidst the chaos that I am thankful for this anchor.








[1] Uttered by me yesterday evening when the world and everyone in it - especially me - was dark and irritating. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that God is never out of grace! What if He were like us? Yikes! Thank you for sharing your gratitude. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete